HELPING YOU WITH A SUCCESSFUL CLAIM FOR:
The Loss Assessor industry is subject to regulation by the Financial Services Authority
SUBSIDENCE INSURANCE CLAIMS
For most people their most valuable asset is their home. When the integrity of your home is threatened by subsidence life can become destabilised very quickly, and for a long time. Often heavy repair work is required just to get to a position of safety where the real work, such as under-pinning, can be carried out. And this can take a considerable time, sometimes several months.
This will have two effects. First, the need for you to seek alternative accommodation until the property is made safe and habitable. And second, until the work is successfully completed the value of your asset is severely degraded. You should be aware that on the completion of the repair works insurers should issue a certificate confirming repairs are sound so the home isn’t blighted. Real world is different so this must be insisted on.
A mortgagor will have their interest in the property noted on your insurance policy as security for their loan to you, so it is in their interest to see repairs carried out properly and they will be looking for the certificate to ensure their investment remains sound.
The Right Claim can help you reduce the stress of such an occurrence. As your dedicated Loss Assessors we will:
- Take over full responsibility for the management of your claim on your behalf including dealing with the insurer’s Loss Adjuster and then all meetings and communications up to, and including, the negotiation of the final settlement.
- Help you to find alternative accommodation if required
- Arrange for emergency funding to tide you over.
- Prepare a full valuation of the work required to meet the insurer’s requirements.
- Submit a comprehensive claim covering rebuilding, and consequential costs such as accommodation.
- Advise you on the selection and supervision of surveyors and structural engineers to assess and specify the work required.
- Assist you in overseeing the surveyor and engineers to ensure that your home is restored to how it was as quickly as possible.
Let us get you back to normality quickly and without fuss and without being exposed to the insurer’s active steps to minimise your claim’s value.
Call 0800 054 6767 and ask us for a free and without obligation consultation. Or, if you would prefer to e-mail or set a convenient call time, click here.